Tonia A. Crown is the partner in charge of Accounting and Auditing Department and has over 18 years in public accounting. Tonia is in charge of the Firm’s audit engagements and is responsible for the implementation of regulatory updates and best practice recommendations. Tonia’s responsibilities also include effective and efficient performance of audits in various segments including non-profit, government, education, corporate and employee benefit plan auditing. Tonia also serves as the Firm’s technical resource on accounting, auditing and reporting issues.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCA) – Member
- Mid-Hudson Chapter of the New York State Society of CPAs (NYSSCPA)
- NYSSCPA Employee Benefit Committee – Committee Member
- Middletown Thrall Library – Board of Trustee
- Literacy Partners of Orange County, NY Inc. – Board of Director and Treasurer
Catholic University of America – Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Government Audits (municipalities, school districts and fire districts)
- Non-Profit Audits
- Employee Benefit Audits
- Corporate Audits
Tonia and her team of highly trained professionals recently went to a client in need of her help. She met with the client’s bookkeeper and discussed in depth the process and procedures of the company. They were able to identify areas that included unnecessary tasks and inefficiencies. Tonia and her team researched and discussed their software package. Following the meeting, Tonia and her team met again with the client to give them an implementation plan that will increase efficiencies in their accounting process.