Michael A. Turturro, CPA
845.567.9000 Ext. 236
Michael joined the firm in January 1996 and became a Partner on January 1, 2004. Prior to joining the Firm, Michael worked for Aronson, LLC in Washington, D.C., a top 100 national firm, where he performed audits on publicly traded companies.
Currently, Michael serves as a Partner in the Accounting and Client Services division of the firm, which provides diverse accounting and consulting services to the Firm’s clients. He is also in charge of the Firm’s Technology Committee where he oversees all information technology matters for the Firm and advises his colleagues on emerging technologies utilized in the accounting field.
Michael is the Partner in charge of some of the largest “for-profit” clients that the Firm serves. He has advised clients in a wide range of industries, including heavy highway construction, mining, manufacturing, banking and franchised automotive dealer services. His experience includes advising companies on business development; internal controls; structuring of corporate transactions and reorganizations; acquisition and disposition planning; compensation-related matters; financing and cash flow projection assembly and analysis; federal, state and international tax matters; as well as representation in Federal and State audits.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- Mid Hudson Chapter – New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA) – Board Member
- Orange County Chamber of Commerce – Secretary Executive Committee/ Board of Directors/ Audit Committee
- Mid-Hudson Pattern for Progress – Executive Committee/Board of Directors/Audit Committee,Treasurer
- SUNY New Paltz School of Business Advisory Board – Board Member
- Associated General Contractors of NYS (AGC) – Member
- Hudson Valley Auto Dealers Association – Past President
- State University at New Paltz – Business Advisory Council
- Mount Saint Mary College – Past Golf Committee Member
- Shawangunk Country Club – Past Treasurer
State University of New York at Buffalo – Bachelor’s degree in Finance
State University of New York at New Paltz – Bachelor of Science (Accounting)
Results Accountants Boot Camp – Graduate
Leadership Orange – Graduate
RSM McGladrey Partner Development Training – Graduate
Certified Public Accountant, New York & Connecticut
- Internal controls and procedures advice
- Best practices ideas
- Technology consulting
- Manufacturing, energy (oil/heat), and auto dealership specialist
- Strategic Planning
Mike was instrumental in helping identify grant money that a client was awarded, but would not have received if it wasn’t for the due diligence of our Audit Department. Upon further research, Donna Crowley, a Senior Auditor with the firm, confirmed with our local Senator that certain paperwork needed to be filed in order for our client to receive their grant money. Mike assisted our client with completing the proper paperwork and submitting it to New York State to receive two grants totaling $15,000.